Thanks to our Party Guide sponsor, TalentWise. Visit them at booth Island 1306 in Las Vegas.
RULES OF THE BLOGGING4JOBS PARTY GUIDE
During the Annual SHRM Conference, this party guide is the most popular blog on the site for 4 years running. In order to maintain the spirit and fun of the aggregated party list, please adhere to some guidelines per the request of our blogging team and those vendors who pay to facilitate these events.We are not responsible if event becomes full or is sold out.
- You must be registered for the SHRM annual conference.
- You must follow registration instructions to attend the event.
- We are not responsible if event becomes full or is sold out.
- Please bring your badge to prove registration.
SOCIETY OF HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT ANNUAL CONFERENCE
For human resource managers, an HR conference is a must. The SHRM 2015 Annual Conference is right around the corner. This year the national conference is being held from June 27-30th in Las Vegas and if you haven’t registered yet, get over to SHRM.org and get on it! Party information is listed below, but if you’d like to stay current with party reminders and new events as they surface, text SHRM to 55678. Of course it’s not only the training for HR professionals that makes national HR commences such an important part of continuing education in HR management. As with anything, it’s the people you met and the networking that goes on form being able to relate to people in a conference setting. A very important part of that are the conference parties. But first, if you happen to be taking your children to the SHRM conference, I might advise that the party nightlife might not be the best environment for them.
HOW TO NAVIGATE THE HUMAN RESOURCE CONFERENCE AND PARTIES IN Las Vegas
My secret to conferences including this year’s SHRM Conference in Las Vegas is simple. I try to make it into my room just before 2:00 AM. I’m not the first to go home from a night out among my friends, and I’m not the last. I sleep five hours and am up by 7:00 AM and back into the conference folds by 8:30 AM. I eat, attend sessions, demo products, and meet with HR folks. I love doing this! Around 4:00 PM I am dragging so I wait for my second wind except that it doesn’t happen. I head back to my hotel to grab a couple hours of sleep. I’m recharged, refreshed, and just in time for dinner and the night life all over again. Because of the sheer size of SHRM 2015 Annual Conference (it’s 15,000+ attendees strong), there is a lot going on especially after hours. The last 4 years I got a lot of great feedback on my Official Party Guide’s for SHRM, and so I bring you the 2015 version.
SHRM ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2015 PARTY GUIDE
PRE-CONFERENCE: SATURDAY, JUNE 27ST, 2015
- Toad the Wet Sprocket and Smash Mouth Concert on Fremont Street in Las Vegas. 9:00-10:30 PM. Free event. Details by clicking here.
- Social Siesta. Hosted by SHRM Foundation and Blogging4Jobs. Private Event. 6:00-9:00 PM. More details coming soon. (Text SHRM to 55678 to get the skinny).
DAY 1: SUNDAY, JUNE 28TH, 2015
- Grand Opening Reception in the SHRM Exposition Hall. Las Vegas Convention Center. 4:00-7:00 PM. Open to badge holders.
- Partner’s Appreciation Reception. Tryst Night Club at the Wynn Hotel 3131 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas. 7:00-9:00 PM. (Registration deadline has past.) Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tri-State HR Dinner. Cosmopolitan 3708 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas. Time unknown. Email removed at request of organizer.
- IBM Smarter Workforce. Exclusive dinner and roundtable. Hosted by Brian Moran, Entrepreneur and International Speaker. Location and time not included in invitation only event. Email email@example.com to make your case to join.
- PIHRA & NCHRA California Reception. Sponsored by LA Chamber of Commerce, Jackson Lewis P.C and ThinkHR. High Roller Wheel House, on The LINQ Promenade, 3545 South Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas. 7:00-9:00 PM. This event is limited to California HR professionals. This event has reached capacity.
DAY 2: MONDAY, JUNE 29TH, 2015
- New England SHRM Members Meet Up. Crown Room in the Westgate Resort (Connected to the Convention Center) 3000 Paradise Rd. Las Vegas. 5:00-7:00 PM. RSVP by June 24th to info@strategicHRus.com.
- Fisher & Phillips Reception. Hyde Bellagio Las Vegas (inside the Bellagio Hotel) 3600 S. Las Vegas Boulevard. 6:00-8:30 PM. RSVP by clicking here.
- Networking Reception. Sponsored by Backtrack, Ascentis and Criteria. Margaritaville 3555 Las Vegas Blvd. Las Vegas. 6:30-8:30 PM. No RSVP information listed on their invite. Click here for more.
- Michigan SHRM Members Meet Up. Stratosphere 2000 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas. 6:00-9:00 PM. Advanced registration required. Click here.
- Kansas SHRM Members Meet Up. Renaissance Hotel 3400 Paradise Rd., Las Vegas 5:30-7:30 PM. Click here.
- Achievers VIP Dinner. Wynn Las Vegas- Lakeside Vista Room 3131 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas. 6:30-8:00 PM. Click here.
- 2015 SHRM Client Event. Hosted by Bank of America. Foundation Room in Mandalay Bay 3950 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas. 5:30-8:30 PM. Includes dinner. Click here.
- California Conference Attendees Dinner. Hosted by SHRM Connect Members. Cabo Wabo Cantina at Planet Hollywood 3663 S, Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas. 7:30 PM. Reservations under Tina Nordsel. Click here to access SHRM Connect thread.
- Arkansas Attendee Meet Up and Dutch Treat Dinner. Martorano’s at Paris Hotel 3655 S. Las Vegas Blvd. Las Vegas. 6:30-8:30 PM. Email Michele Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Department of One Happy Hour. Hosted by SHRM Connect DOO Group Members. Lobby Bar at the Mirage Hotel 3400 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas. 6:00 PM-?. Register by clicking here.
- LGBT Happy Hour. Hosted by SHRM Connect LGBT Group Members. AquaKnox at the Venetian 3355 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas. 7:00 PM. No registration. Access SHRM Connect LGBT Group by clicking here.
- Compensation Professionals Networking Event. Hosted by CompACT. Westgate Hotel 3000 Paradise Rd., Las Vegas. 5:30-7:00 PM. Register by clicking here.
- ADP Cocktail Reception. Lacave at Wynn Hotel 3131 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas. 6:00-9:00 PM. Invite only. Inquire at booth.
DAY 3: TUESDAY, JUNE 30TH, 2015
- Pre-Show Mixer. Sponsored by Ogletree Deakins. Westgate Las Vegas 3000 Paradise Road, Las Vegas. 5:30-7:30 PM. No registration information listed. Click here to view invitation.
- Cigar Meetup. SHRM Connect fueled meetup.Casa Fuente Lounge at Caesars. 5:30-8:00PM. No registration required.
- Jennifer Hudson Concert. Las Vegas Convention Center. Arrive early to get a good seat. 8:00 PM. Additional tickets for purchase $95 each. Click here for more details.
Text ‘SHRM’ to 55678 to receive conference party reminders, announcements and other happenings sent via text. Look for more great SHRM 2015 conference content coming soon.